GitLab Community Edition
GitLab is open source software to collaborate on code.
Manage git repositories with fine-grained access controls that keep your code secure.
Perform code reviews and enhance collaboration with merge requests.
Each project can also have an issue tracker and a wiki.
Used by more than 100,000 organizations, GitLab is the most popular solution to manage git repositories on-premises.
Read more about GitLab at about.gitlab.com.
GitLab Community Edition documentation
University contain guides to learn Git and GitLab through courses and videos.
- Account Security Securing your account via two-factor authentication, etc.
- API Automate GitLab via a simple and powerful API.
CI/CD GitLab Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) getting started,
.gitlab-ci.ymloptions, and examples.
- GitLab as OAuth2 authentication service provider. It allows you to login to other applications from GitLab.
- Container Registry Learn how to use GitLab Container Registry.
- GitLab basics Find step by step how to start working on your commandline and on GitLab.
- GitLab Pages Using GitLab Pages.
- Importing to GitLab Import your projects from GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab.com, FogBugz and SVN into GitLab.
- Importing and exporting projects between instances.
- Markdown GitLab's advanced formatting system.
- Migrating from SVN Convert a SVN repository to Git and GitLab.
- Permissions Learn what each role in a project (external/guest/reporter/developer/master/owner) can do.
- Profile Settings
- Project Services Integrate a project with external services, such as CI and chat.
- Public access Learn how you can allow public and internal access to projects.
- SSH Setup your ssh keys and deploy keys for secure access to your projects.
- Webhooks Let GitLab notify you when new code has been pushed to your project.
- Workflow Using GitLab functionality and importing projects from GitHub and SVN.
Git Attributes Managing Git attributes using a
- Git cheatsheet Download a PDF describing the most used Git operations.
- Access restrictions Define which Git access protocols can be used to talk to GitLab
- Authentication/Authorization Configure external authentication with LDAP, SAML, CAS and additional Omniauth providers.
- Custom Git hooks Custom Git hooks (on the filesystem) for when webhooks aren't enough.
- Install Requirements, directory structures and installation from source.
- Restart GitLab Learn how to restart GitLab and its components.
- Integration How to integrate with systems such as JIRA, Redmine, Twitter.
- Issue closing pattern Customize how to close an issue from commit messages.
- Koding Set up Koding to use with GitLab.
- Web terminals Provide terminal access to environments from within GitLab.
- Libravatar Use Libravatar instead of Gravatar for user avatars.
- Log system Log system.
- Environment Variables to configure GitLab.
- Operations Keeping GitLab up and running.
- Raketasks Backups, maintenance, automatic webhook setup and the importing of projects.
- Repository checks Periodic Git repository checks.
- Repository storage paths Manage the paths used to store repositories.
- Security Learn what you can do to further secure your GitLab instance.
- System hooks Notifications when users, projects and keys are changed.
- Update Update guides to upgrade your installation.
- Welcome message Add a custom welcome message to the sign-in page.
- Reply by email Allow users to comment on issues and merge requests by replying to notification emails.
- Migrate GitLab CI to CE/EE Follow this guide to migrate your existing GitLab CI data to GitLab CE/EE.
- Git LFS configuration
- Housekeeping Keep your Git repository tidy and fast.
- GitLab Pages configuration Configure GitLab Pages.
- GitLab performance monitoring with InfluxDB Configure GitLab and InfluxDB for measuring performance metrics.
- GitLab performance monitoring with Prometheus Configure GitLab and Prometheus for measuring performance metrics.
- Request Profiling Get a detailed profile on slow requests.
- Monitoring uptime Check the server status using the health check endpoint.
- Debugging Tips Tips to debug problems when things go wrong
- Sidekiq Troubleshooting Debug when Sidekiq appears hung and is not processing jobs.
- High Availability Configure multiple servers for scaling or high availability.
- Container Registry Configure Docker Registry with GitLab.